Choose the most suitable phrase in each sentence.
- We should have turned left.
- We've missed the turning.
- We followed the instructions.
- We didn't have to wear uniform at school.
- But I never did.
- That's why I liked it.
- The butler must have stolen the jewels.
- He was ordered to.
- There is no other explanation.
- You could have phoned from the station.
- I'm sure you did.
- Why didn't you?
- You needn't have bought any dog food.
- There isn't any.
- There is plenty.
- Ann might not have understood the message.
- I suppose it's possible.
- She wasn't supposed to.
- You can't have spent all the money already!
- You weren't able to.
- I'm sure you haven't.
- I shouldn't have used this kind of paint.
- It's the right kind.
- It's the wrong kind.