Choose the most suitable response to each comment or question.
- What did I do wrong?
- You shouldn't have connected these two wires.
- You didn't have to connect these two wires.
- Why is the dog barking?
- It should have heard something.
- It must have heard something.
- Why are you home so early?
- I needn’t have worked this afternoon.
- I didn't have to work this afternoon.
- Why did you worry about me? I didn't take any risks.
- You must have been injured.
- You could have been injured.
- You forgot my birthday again!
- Sorry, I should have looked in my diary.
- Sorry, I had to look in my diary.
- We had a terrible crossing on the boat in a storm.
- That didn't have to be very pleasant!
- That can't have been very pleasant!
- Where were you yesterday? You didn’t turn up!
- I had to go to London.
- I must have gone to London.
- What do you think about the election?
- The Freedom Party had to win.
- The Freedom Party should have won.
- There's a lot of food left over from the party, isn’t there?
- Yes, you needn't have made so many sandwiches.
- Yes, you couldn't have made so many sandwiches.
- What do you think has happened to Tony?
- I don't know, he should have got lost.
- I don't know, he might have got lost.